This single-story simple house is for those who prefer an American-style design. Despite the style of the house, it still follows tropical design principles so that the hot afternoon sun doesn’t come into the house, keeping the house cool at all times. This is for lots facing the WEST.
A porch is situated at the front side of the house (facing the west) to break the hot noon to afternoon sun. It shades the dining and living areas. Bedrooms enjoy the morning sun, with windows facing the east.
The roof eaves are kept at a minimum of 1 meter to provide shade all around the house.
The whole house is elevated to allow for wind to pass through underneath to cool the house overall.
Minimum Lot Size: (15.4m x 15m) 230sqm
ESTIMATED CONSTRUCTION COST
|Structure Only||P1,200,000 – P1,400,000|
|Semi-Finished||P1,600,000 – P1,800,000|
|Standard Finishes||P2,000,000 – P2,200,000|
|Choice Finishes||P2,400,000 – P2,800,000|
- Rotate plan based on lot and north orientation
WAYS TO VALUE ENGINEER
- Lower door and window height to standard 2.10m
- Remove shutters for windows
- Instead of hardiflex cladding for the exterior walls, just have smooth cement finish scored to have grooves.
- Instead of having bricks cladded to bottom of house, just have a darker paint finish
I like this design, but it wouldn’t fit my lot. What can we do?
Email us a copy of your lot plan at email@example.com and the PHD code of the house design you like, and we can advise (for free!) if and how the plan can be adjusted to your lot.