This two-story contemporary Filipino house gives a spacious feel. With 2 meters setback at the rear and the side, it allows for a verandah from both the living area and the master bedroom. The double volume at the stairwell brings in much light to the ground and second floors.
A full-sized toilet and bath is provided for each story, and as a bonus, the number of steps from ground to second floor is considered lucky.
There are generous spaces for wardrobe closets for each bedroom, and a storage room below the stairs.
The trellis and the red and brown colors give a traditional Filipino feel that adds to the hominess of the design.
Minimum Lot Size: (9m x 11.4m) 102sqm
ESTIMATED CONSTRUCTION COST
- Mirror image of plan
- Add fourth bedroom (instead of “open below”)
- Minimum lot size: 9.0m x 10.4m or 9.0m x 9m (if no car)
WAYS TO VALUE ENGINEER
- Change master bedroom sliding door to windows
- Reduce window panels of rooms to 2
- Instead of stone cladding, have a different shade of paint
- Change roofing material to red or maroon longspan.
I like this design, but it wouldn’t fit my lot. What can we do?
Email us a copy of your lot plan at email@example.com and the PHD code of the house design you like, and we can advise (for free!) if and how the plan can be adjusted to your lot.